24 Jul 2015

Matrix Power Micron






About 12 months ago i realised that the line I was using to make pole rigs and hooklengths from was a total mixture of different brands and types. For a few years I'd used a product that hadn't really let me down, but there was a lot of information on the net that this line was at least 0.02mm thicker than stated. "But fish don't read labels" is a common statement.

True, but I'm still a great believer (rightly or wrongly) that the thinner the line the more natural presentation with the way the hookbait acts, so I'll always err on the side of a lighter line than a heavier one (within reason of course) If i decide that a 0.12 hooklength is right for the conditions and size of fish I'm after, then I want to be fishing with something close to that diameter and not nearly at 0.15. It may not be that vital in the grand scheme of things but it gives me more confidence in my gear if i know its as described. Added to this I also wanted to try and stick to one make of line, so i could get used to its characteristics.

I tried a variety of lines and most of them were ok but some either just seemed to kink a bit easily when tying hooks or others a were a bit stiffer than I'd expected.

I decided to try Matrix Power Micron in a couple of sizes and have never really looked back since. In my opinion the line is very supple, strong and resilient and seems to resist kinking when I tie spade end hooks in my customary brusque manner.It seems as abrasion resistant as anything else I've used and has very low memory - Its nice to take a pole rig off a winder and see the line nice and straight and not looking like a big 'Z' shape ! I now use this line from 0.08 to 0.20 diameters which covers 95% of my fishing.

In fact i cant fault it at all. I did suffer a few breakages recently but this was my fault for fishing too fine a hooklength which snapped when the elastic bottomed out by an angry carp building up a head of steam in the opposite direction.

I use the line for pole rigs and hooklengths ( pole, float and feeder). Its usually priced around  £5 for a 100m spool which is par for the course.

The product doesn't seem to have a lot of a following at the moment which i find strange. However, I've never seen it in a tackle shop and have always purchased online which could explain things a bit if its not that common.

If you're looking to try a different rig line from your usual one then i really recommend this product from Matrix...highly recommended.

http://fishmatrix.co.uk/catalogues-products.php?section=1&product=183&catalogue=7


Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment